So I have been MIA this week. I have been very busy with taxes but see a light at the end of the tunnel this week. Yesterday the girls and I made some brownies for our Sunday baking. They were more willing to bake with me this time :) Here is the recipe:
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
- COMBINE sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixt ure. Stir in nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.(Note: for chewy brownies do not overmix or they will be more cake like)
- BAKE for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.