Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A New Playhouse

The girls love to play in tents and we have a few princess tents. To be honest I dread getting them out. They are always in the middle of the living room and they are difficult to fit back into the bags they came in. My husband had to Youtube a video just to figure out how to fold it back into the bag! So I came across this idea in a magazine and I instantly fell in love with it. I made a playhouse tent that fits over our dining room table so that way it is easy to put up and a way and does not take up any space. I added felt flower pots and a felt welcome sign. I still want to add more like a fence and grass around it. Maybe some felt furniture on the inside. If you have boys that are not into playing house you could make a hospital, animal clinic or a fire station. My table is 4 1/2 x 4x1/2 and it took about 9 yds of muslin fabric, I don't think I paid more than $4 with a coupon at Joann's. I measured it out on my table and then sewed the edges together so it would have a snug fit and not fall off. I used scrap pieces of felt that I had so this was a really low cost project and the girls loved it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented! You really need to come to my house! Adorable and a fabulous idea! Natalie and Brady would love that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! It is really easy let me know if you need any help if you decide to make one!

    ReplyDelete

Followers